Does it ever seem to you that there are just not enough hours in the day, or days in the week? Many times I find myself struggling to get everything done. However, I am a list maker, and I find that I get more done when I start the day with a list and check each thing off as I finish it. At the end of the day, it is such a great feeling to go back over the list and see what was accomplished.
I doubt any of us have more on our plates than the Apostle Paul did. Think about this: He traveled on at least three missionary journeys, was a soulwinner, a church planter, a preacher of the gospel, and a writer—and not just any writer, but a man filled with the Holy Ghost and used of God to write most of the New Testament. In addition, he was persecuted, left for dead, shipwrecked, beaten, and falsely imprisoned. Many of his greatest accomplishments were from a prison cell.
In Ephesians 3:14, when Paul was on his knees before God, he found that three amazing things happened in his life:
1. Meeting with God Made Him Stronger
- Verse 16: “…to be strengthened with might by his spirit in the inner man.”
- It is wonderful to know that strength is available for all who will ask.
- Paul also said in 2 Corinthians 4:1: “The inward man is renewed day by day.”
2. Meeting with God Made Him Sweeter
- Verse 17: “…being rooted and grounded in love.”
- Because God is love, the Apostle Paul found that meeting with God made him sweeter.
3. Meeting with God Made Him Smarter
- Verse 18: “…may be able to comprehend.”
- With all that Paul had to do, he found that taking time for God made him able to comprehend and understand things much better.
- What an incentive program! To think that such a simple personal discipline in our lives as meeting with God daily can make us stronger, sweeter, and smarter!
What is so exciting to me is that God’s strength, love, and wisdom are available to anyone who asks. I have personally found in my life that the more I have to do, or the more pressed I am to meet a deadline, or the more “under-the-gun” I feel, the more I need my time with God.
Are you feeling overwhelmed? Stressed? Meet with God. You will find strength, love, and wisdom to help you do amazing things for Him.