We go to prayer conferences and even preach on prayer. But do we truly pray? I found the following thoughts about prayerlessness to be thought provoking and decided to share them with you.
When I do not pray:
1. I have less and less of a desire for God.
2. I “stress out” as the world sucks me dry.
3. I have a loss of ongoing purification in my heart and soul.
4. I find that it becomes hard to pray.
5. Other things fill God’s place.
6. I cease to have a close relationship with God.
7. In crisis, I turn to psychology instead of prayer, or I just give in to the crisis.
8. I begin to look around for other gods to fill the void in my heart.
9. I lose focus and purpose in life.
10. I live a practical atheism, professing to believe in God, but living without Him.
11. God does not bring joy to my heart.
12. I experience emptiness.
13. I go on the lookout for someone or something to affirm me instead of God.
14. I get involved with things in order to feel good about myself.
15. I cease to think about eternal life and focus on this world’s concerns.
16. I do not witness to others about the Lord.
17. I usually become a stumbling block to others.
May the Lord help us to pray without ceasing.