Caleb was one of the two spies who believed God would give the promised land to the nation of Israel if they would just believe Him. It was said of Caleb that he followed God fully.
“But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.”—Numbers 14:24
Some Things We Learn from the Life of Caleb:
1. He walked by faith, stood apart from the crowd, and looked for the hand of God in every situation.
2. Caleb asked, “Where is God in this? What is He trying to do and to teach me?” He made statements like, “I must deal with this in faith!” and “We are well able.”
3. Caleb wasn’t surface, shallow, or small-minded. He was a man of content, character, and commitment.
4. People with vision that is truly from God have an uncommon depth to them. Their spirit is resilient, reassuring, and refreshing.
5. While others dwell on the giants of life and fall by the way, Calebs dwell on the mountains of promise and keep going.
6. Obtaining the mountain God has for us will involve waiting on God, wading through problems, and wanting it more than anything else.
7. When our want for what God wants for us increases, our want for what we want for us decreases.
8. There is no price too great for a reward that is far greater!