Sermon outline: This is an abbreviated outline with the complete sermon downloadable at the bottom of the post.
Text: Proverbs 20:6–12
Title: “Semper Fidelis”
Introduction: The recruiting slogan of our U.S. Marine Corps is “We’re looking for a few good men.” The Marines also have a motto in Latin that states their code of conduct in battle and in their affairs, Semper Fidelis, or “Always faithful.”
In our passage, Solomon came to the realization that—in his kingdom and in life—there were very few men he could genuinely call “faithful” or “dependable.” So, in many ways, Proverbs 20:6 is a statement of fact. In some ways it is a lamentation: “A faithful man who can find?”
- Who can I find?
- Who can I trust?
- Who will be there to help me?
- Will he get the job done?
- The Mission
- His Mission Is to Be Truthful
- His Mission Is to Be Trusted
- He can be trusted with secrets.
- He can be trusted in his stewardship.
- He can be trusted in his submission.
- He can be trusted as a soldier.
- The Morals
- His Tendency to the Commandments
- The Tenderness of His Conscience
- The Testimony of His Conviction
- The Multiplication
- Let Us Rear Faithful Descendants
- Let Us Replicate Faithful Disciples
Conclusion: Let us multiply a generation of faithful men!
- Faithful men have a mission!
- Faithful men have morals!
- Faithful men are to be multiplied!