Sermon outline: This is an abbreviated outline with the complete sermon downloadable at the bottom of the post.
Text: Genesis 2:18-25
Title: Striving Together in Family Unity
Introduction: The Book of Genesis is the book of beginnings.
When God saw that man needed companionship, His original design for that need was to establish the institution of the home.
How can we maintain unity? By understanding….
I. A Unique Relationship—vs. 18–20
A. Designed by God
1. God sees our need
2. God meets our need
B. Developed for companionship—vs. 20b–22
II. A Unifying Relationship—vs. 23
A. Unified through acceptance—vs. 23
1. Adam completely accepted Eve
2. We are completely accepted in the Lord
B. Unified through purpose—vs. 23-24
1. To honor Christ
2. To picture Christ
III. An Unbroken Relationship—vs. 24-25
1. One in our faith
2. One in our future
B. Physically—vs. 24
1. Do you see marriage as unique—ordained of God?
2. Are you experiencing unity through acceptance and purpose?
3. Are you unbroken spiritually and physically? Do you need to be saved?